Dear Fellow Members
Further to my last update.....
Firstly, thanks to all the members who have elected to carry their clubs which has been very encouraging and has allowed us to open the course in frosty conditions.
The original guidance may have been slightly misleading, and we are taking this opportunity to update the guidance to provide further clarity:
When we are on the winter course, and trollies are permitted, we request that all members keep trollies:
- off fairways as much as possible, by using paths, or the end of the rough where available
- away from our main greens and greenside areas
- away from our main tee areas
Following these guidelines will limit potential damage to the course and will result in the course being open on those days when it is possible to do so.
There will be specific weather conditions where we will not be able to open the course. We have described these as follows:
- if the course is heavily covered in snow or ice
- where the course is covered, or predominately covered, in white frost
- when the course is waterlogged
- where visibility due to fog is less than 250 yards. (Rule of thumb – Ladies 1st tee to 1st Green).
Open with restriction
When possible, and as an alternative to a full closure of the course:
- the course will be open with players being asked to carry when light frost occurs or excess ground-water
- in situations where excess ground-water (not light frost) occurs
- members may use their trollies if these are fitted with winter wheels
- members with a medical note can use their trollies if carrying isn't an option
When weather allows, the course will remain open with no restrictions. We will maintain winter greens for the majority of the winter months, however if drier and warmer weather persists for a period, we will look to move to full greens, but only where this is possible from the beginning of the playing day.