Playing Golf During COVID-19 Restrictions - Auchterarder Golf Club Guidance Policy - Update 19 June
Following additional government guidance yesterday, we are now in a position to make some additional updates to facilitate greater participation and the re-introduction of competitive golf:
- The start sheet will extend to 3balls from Monday 22 June. The first tee-time will continue to be 8.00am.
- Competitions will resume from Sunday 28 June for men, Tuesday 30 June for ladies (pre-booked, no block bookings).
- A revised Fixture List for both men and ladies will be issued next week.
- Competitions will be operated under Scottish Golf/R & A Guidelines relating to COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to competitors marking their own scorecards and preferred lies in bunkers. Full details of Scottish Golf's Guidance can be accessed here: https://scottishgolf.org/phase-2-guidance-for-golf-clubs-and-golfers-in-scotland/
- So, in summary, for competition play:
- Check in at the Pro Shop (in the case of men's competitions, paying the appropriate sweep/magic 2's) and collect your scorecard. Remember to put your name on it!
- Players may enter their own scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it).
- It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place.
- During play, a ball coming to rest in a bunker may be lifted and placed within 6 inches of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that spot.
- if in doubt of finding a ball, play a provisional and remember, you only have 3 minutes to look for it!
- On completion of your round, cards should be placed in the box adjacent to the Pro-Shop.
- Competition Convener request: As all cards will be inputted at a later date, please, please write legibly!!
Further relaxation of restrictions will be notified as they become possible.