Playing Golf During COVID-19 Restrictions - Auchterarder Golf Club Guidance Policy - Update 23 June
Following recent additional government guidance, we are now in a position to make some additional updates on the re-introduction of competitive golf:
The latest Scottish Golf Guidelines on Qualifying Competitions can be found here: SGQC
So, in summary, for competition play:
- Check in at the Pro Shop (in the case of men's competitions, paying the appropriate sweep/magic 2's) and collect your scorecard. Remember to put your name on it!
- Players may enter their own scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it).
- It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place.
- During play, a ball coming to rest in a bunker may be lifted and placed within 6 inches of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that spot. Bunkers may not be smoothed prior to placing. (Please note: This differs from the original Scottish Golf Guidance policy which initially advised within 1 club length). After play, please smooth the bunker with your foot.
- Do not touch or remove the flagstick other than with a club. Penalty for breach of this local rule is a one shot penalty.
- if in doubt of finding a ball, play a provisional and remember, you only have 3 minutes to look for it!
- On completion of your round, cards should be placed in the box adjacent to the Pro-Shop.
- Competition Convener request: As all cards will be inputted at a later date, please, please write legibly!!
Further relaxation of restrictions will be notified as they become possible.